We're All Kept Alive by Magic

.
Bill: I have no heart-beat. I have no need to breathe. There are no electrical impulses in my body. What animates you no longer animates me.

Sookie: What does animate you then? Blood? How do you digest it if nothing works?

Bill: Magic?

Sookie: Oh, come on Bill! I may look naive but I'm not, and you - you need to remember that.

Bill: You think that it's not magic that keeps you alive? Just 'cause you understand the mechanics of how something works, doesn't make it any less of a miracle... which is just another word for magic. We're all kept alive by magic, Sookie. My magic's just a little different from yours, that's all.

(This True Blood conversation is my favorite tv/movie moment ever...)


Buffy Sainte-Marie found this passage in Leonard Cohen's novel "Beautiful Losers." She sang it to him once and later recorded it - "God Is Alive, Magic Is Afoot". Lately I've been inspired yes, by this song, by my current reading, by drawing fairy mandalas, by anxiety, by music, by Mexican folkart, by love. I'll talk more about folkart later. Now, need to go hooping <3 LOL that's my Facebook profile pic at the moment:

Blog Archive