Spring Ramble

Ooo I've been busy! Which is nice! I like to do things! :) As far as work-play goes, I made an Etsy shop for Eye's Gallery called Eye's Vintage. I took photos of cool vintage jewelry and modeled some too, for example this African pendant:


Love it! I just came back home from hooping and drumming with Daniel in a nearby park. Spring and summer are here in one warm bright shiny explosion! The other day I celebrated and purchased two used books: Ariel - Poems by Sylvia Plath and Tulips & Chimneys by e.e. cummings. YEAHH!! This is part 5 of cummings' "La Guerre":


O sweet spontaneous
earth how often have
the
doting
 
            fingers of
prurient philosophers pinched
and
poked
 
thee
, has the naughty thumb
of science prodded
thy
 
      beauty     .how
often have religions taken
thee upon their scraggy knees
squeezing and
 
buffeting thee that thou mightest conceive
gods
       (but
true
 
to the incomparable
couch of death thy
rhythmic
lover
 
        thou answerest
 
them only with
 
                         spring)




I met with Wendy Laudiak who's a yoga teacher and gourmet vegan chef. She's having a yoga and self-exploration adventure in Costa Rica in June, I made a yellow and to-the-point poster for her :)


Speaking of yellow, I've decided to always have flowers at home simply because they are so wonderful. There's a florist around the corner and their chrysanthemum bouquet is 4 dollars and you get free greenery with it.

That's Green Tara in the background, who personifies compassion.
I contemplated this for a while and concluded that flowers are one of the wisest investments one can make. Who is not brought happiness by seeing flowers? ??? ?? ?

Sylvia Plath, I guess. Her poem 'Tulips' is so touching and her word combinations are so crazy, you should read it..





I've been obsessed with decorating for a couple of weeks now. I love everything that's going on in the home decor pics above. A part of my obsession has to do with my new side-career as a painter. Yes, I was hired by a painter with life-time's experience to assist in the painting of Philly zillionaire's walls. When I started I had never even held a wall-painting brush and never paid attention to quality of painted walls but now after four days of painting, I can't stand the horrendous paint job at my apartment, or pretty much anywhere I go :P Yes I now inspect the walls wherever I go. !!?


Besides decorating, I've recently totally fallen in love with vintage stuff. Not just jewelry and clothing but some seemingly unnecessary things too. Like old wooden boxes, books, home decorations, frames, magazines... Check out this Life magazine from September 1968 that I picked up from my next-door thrift store's free box:





Did I introduce you to this lady? She sits on the window sill of our art/mess room and looks pretty with her Tulasi and Rudraksha meditation beads and (again) vintage blouse.


On her left side is my mermaid lamp :) And bunch of wallpaper scraps. I went to a wallpaper store to rummage through the scraps for art projects and Paul, the owner, gave me them for free so I can make collages and put them for sale in the store. How awesome is that!


Happy marching through March! Who knows how your life will change because of what you do today or tomorrow! Or the next minute! Words of wizdum from Bhakti the Easter Egg!

Blog Archive