Sisältäni Portin Löysin :: I Found a Gate Within Myself

Remembering my dad. Three years ago today he passed on. In his obituary we wrote a verse from a song that was special to him, Sisältäni Portin Löysin by Pekka Streng. Below is an English translation of the lyrics. Pekka Streng was a Finnish progressive rock singer/songwriter who passed away in the 1975, of cancer, when he was 26 years old.


I FOUND A GATE WITHIN MYSELF

I found a gate within myself,
almost unnoticeable.
When I rise through it in silence
I see another world.

I notice the beautiful colors,
I hear the brighter voices.
I leave the chordless caves,
I leave the staggering shadows.

Something radiates and sparkles
even underneath the bleakest shell.
Seeing it, my thoughts
move lighter.

Our colors flow up
and melt together.
Everything touches each other,
everything reaches out for the morning.


SISÄLTÄNI PORTIN LÖYSIN

Sisältäni portin löysin 
melkein huomaamattoman. 
Kun sen läpi hiljaa nousen, 
näen toisin maailman. 

Värit kauniit vasta huomaan, 
kuulen äänet kirkkaammat. 
Jätän soinnuttomat luolat, 
jätän varjot hoippuvat. 

Jokin säteilee ja loistaa 
alta kuoren synkänkin. 
Kun sen huomaa, kevyemmin 
ajatukset liikkuvat. 

Meidän värit ylös virtaa 
ja yhteen sulautuu. 
Kaikki toistaan koskettaa, 
kaikki aamuun kurkottuu.

Blog Archive