Surrealistic Fiesta in Helsinki


I went here last night and met some Finnish friends I haven't seen in ages! Susanna had an art installation here in a room full of her paintings and art. This work was my favorite:


This DJ played the most eccentric collection of music I've ever heard in my life. They didn't call it a surrealistic party for nothing :)


Here Susanna takes her painting skill on a gentleman with a tail.


She painted me too, with an earthy feel:


Nitai and Olli, our sweet hitchhikers from Turku.


The place was decorated beautifully. 


We went upstairs and chilled out on the couches, played guitar, drummed on papercups, and sang the Hare Krishna mantra, Bob Marley, hilarious blues with improvised lyrics, grunge-kirtan and whatnot. Downstairs they had a meditative performance going on.



Today is my last day in Finland. And it's been delightful so far! We had a rocking hoop jam with Marianne, Jenni and Kaisu earlier and now it's evening and I'm sitting by the fireplace and singing with Kaisu and Mani. We recorded some of it, I'll put it up here later. It sounds pretty fairyish let me tell you :)

Blog Archive