About Inner and Outer Hygiene



We are in Kansas City right now, heading to Utah tomorrow. It's super hot, 100F/38C. I'm currently showering/ jumping into rivers every 3 hours. Speaking of hygiene, whenever I say these things my hubby graciously corrects me and reminds me what the real English term for each item is. Except, of course, for those that he has adopted into his vocabulary ;)
Finglish-English Personal Hygiene Dictionary
ear stick = ear pick
chopstick = chap stick
tooth cord = dental floss
toe paint = nail polish when applied to toe nails
nose paper = tissue

:)

We are trying to go to sleep now but it's still as hot as in the day, wish I was back here again:


As we currently travel the country on the Warped Tour, my schedule is pretty topsy-turvy. I drive every night anywhere from 4 to 10 hours. Then I cook, and sleep until about 5pm. I wake up, chant my daily japa or mantras with my beads, hoop for about an hour and get ready to drive again. Chanting definitely takes care of my inner hygiene of keeping the mind more clear in the middle of all this.

I absolutely love this prayer written about 500 years ago by Sri Chaitanya describing the cleansing effects of chanting the Hare Krishna mantra:

ceto-darpaṇa-mārjanaṁ bhava-mahā-dāvāgni-nirvāpaṇaṁ
śreyaḥ-kairava-candrikā-vitaraṇaṁ vidyā-vadhū-jīvanam
ānandāmbudhi-vardhanaṁ prati-padaṁ pūrṇāmṛtāsvādanaṁ
sarvātma-snapanaṁ paraṁ vijayate śrī-kṛṣṇa-saṅkīrtanam

"Let there be all victory for the chanting of the holy name of Lord Krishna, which can cleanse the mirror of the heart and stop the miseries of the blazing fire of material existence. That chanting is the waxing moon that spreads the white lotus of good fortune for all living entities. It is the life and soul of all education. The chanting of the holy name of Krishna expands the blissful ocean of transcendental life. It gives a cooling effect to everyone and enables one to taste full nectar at every step."

Blog Archive