How to Make Incense Really Quick

What you need:
  • a  prairie
  • a few yards/meters of thread
  • sunshine
You don’t really need scissors, but if they happen to match your skirt, go for it. Now, collect branches of sage - sage grows all over any prairie pretty much.


Try to find the thicker ones with more leaves for your optimum incensical results. 


Divide them in small bunches and tie with thin thread, tightly. Make many layers on the bottom so the bunch won’t open up there.


Then go around the whole bunch with the thread, spiral up, and then down to the base. Make a few extra rounds there so that the thread won’t come loose. (Yep, my nails need some attention.)


Place the ready bunches in the sun. Generally they’ll be burnable after drying for a few days. If you’re in northern Europe, however, like I know many of you are :) then this process is more likely to take a couple of weeks - first you will have to wait for the sun to appear, and then you’ll have to pray to Surya (the sun god) to shine a little harder on them.


After my sage dries, I'll offer the first burn to Krishna on our little altar. Man I love sage!!!! I made 22 bunches today. By the way, the bushes behind me in these pics happen to be *ta-dah* sage! I ran into some fascinating wildlife while collecting the goods this morning, meet Mr & Mrs The Most Psychedelic Grasshopper You've Ever Seen.


The locals here in Salt Lake City think I'm nuts with my obsession, little do they know...how good it smells :) What's your favorite smell?

Blog Archive