Fairylicious Paintings by Josephine Wall

I just found the most beautiful, fairylicious paintings ever. Josephine Wall was born in the UK in 1947 and has painted since her childhood. Along with an extensive online gallery with tons of pics, she has some really good things to say on her website too:
.
.
.
"Artists have been given a fabulous gift, but with it come great responsibilities. We have the chance to change the world by portraying images of how life could be and how it should be. No message is more powerful or has more impact than an image created by an artist driven by a desire to preserve all that is good in our world, and to vanquish all that is against nature. Yet another theme dear to my heart is to include a message encouraging conservation, as I wish that mankind would do everything possible to protect our precious and beautiful planet, and heal the damage we have already inflicted."
.
.
.
"My main concerns are pollution and de-forestation. I wish that man would no longer be ruled by greed, but just enjoy the simple things of life – most of which are free. We seem to be living in a throwaway world where skill and craftsmanship are undervalued."
.
.
.
"Why do artists nearly all have a great passion for, and appreciation of, Nature? I believe it is due to their sensitivity and ability to observe more closely and be open to act as a channel for the energy of Mother Earth."
.
.
.
You can also get her paintings as wallpapers! Just go here. As I've been putting this post together and drinking my morning tea, going through all Josephine's pictures, I must say I'm pretty fairied out at this point -- which is excellent considering my plan for this Friday night! Kaisu and me are going to downtown Helsinki to create a fun little dimension of hooping and poi, with music blasting from a speaker, and basically do some serious hilarious street performing. I'll let you know how it goes!
.
.
Which painting is your favorite of all these? Two that strike me the most are the sixth one, The Spirit of Flight, and the second to last one Aurora (painting the dawn). Yesterday we just talked about this with Kaisu while looking at the sunset sky -- how the Creator is the greatest artist with perfectly beautiful and eccentric eye for colors :) I like what that says about Him.

Blog Archive