Meet My Sisters

Continuing the 30 Days posts on set topics.

Day 5 - Your siblings 

I have two younger sisters, Minna and Kaisu. I was 3 years old when Minna was born and got her name. I went around telling people, "We have a new dog. Her name is Minna Elina." Obviously I was a bit jealous of losing my position as the only child and focus of my parents. I once threw a cassette tape at her eye but mostly she always emerged victorious in our fighting. I was a really mellow kid and Minna was on fire. When she was like 2 years old she won me in wrestling. Continuously.


She is a photographer and loves animals. She takes care of homeless cats and dogs until they find a home. I remember going to her small apartment with like four cats and three dogs running around. She has a heart of gold. Both of my sisters are vegetarian. This is Minna looking all Bob Dylan.




Here's a few more pics of her, older and new.




Kaisu was born when I was 7 years old. Me and Minna used to put baby-Kaisu in a laundry basket covered with soft pillows and pretend she was our puppy. When she would cry we were like, "Stop barking!" Oh it wasn't as cruel as it sounds :) Kaisu is an artist and a total gentle free spirit reality warrior. She doesn't take any crap from anybody and isn't afraid to follow her own path. Nature inspires her. She always goes to forests and such. She has long days of school at Helsinki's Aalto University studying textile arts. Yet she wakes up early in the morning and chants Hare Krishna in front of a beautiful altar she made. She hoops too. Here she is with Sara:



See how the dogs are after Kaisu's honeydew melon :)





I miss my sisters a lot - they're in Finland and I only get to see them once or twice a year.


Minna's photography website: www.minnakulmala.com
Kaisu's art site:
www.kaisutalvikki.com

Blog Archive