Remembering My Dad

Today it has been 2 years since my dad passed away. Last night I was watching some old videos of him playing with me and my two younger sisters when we were kids. It was hilarious! But I was balling my eyes out at the same time. I miss him. 

In one of the videos he was holding Kaisu who was maybe 2 years at the time, going through the booklet of a Beatles CD and teaching her the names of the band members. She was trying to get the rolling 'r' down in Ringo, as it's pronounced the Finnish way.

At one of his favorite spots by the lake.
Actually it was my dad who first introduced me to the spiritual books that I have now pretty much dedicated my whole life to - the Vedic wisdom and Krishna books, translated and explained by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. All my teens I read a whole lot of books about philosophy, religions, different spiritual processes, new agy psychological stuff, and just tried to figure out the truth

One day dad came back from the thrift store and handed me a big stack of beautiful books, all Krishna books. He said, "I thought you might like these as you're into Buddhism and all that." Little did he know :) I found all I was looking for in those books, and so much more that I didn't even realize to look for. And I keep finding new things and seeing new lights all the time as I go on reading and practicing.

One of the last pics of us together.
There are so many reasons I'm grateful for my dad. I'm just sending lots of love today his way, and to my mom and sisters.

Blog Archive