'Report Suspicious Activity' Signs on Highways

What creates and feeds paranoia, fear, stress, lynch-mentality, prejudice, anxiety and over-all negativity better than another lame US 'security' campaign?


I went through some pics I took two months ago and found these. These signs were up for months all over the highways in the Maryland/Washington DC area, maybe they still are. Sometimes the last four digits of the phone number are substituted with their corresponding letters: TIPS. (800-492-TIPS)


I've heard about Nazi-Germany's 'report-a-Jew' program. This reminds me of it.

"Honey, I don't like the new neighbors."
"Oh really, why?"
"I dunno, I just don't like them. I'm going to report them for something."
"Ok, that should get them out of the neighborhood."


Anyhow, I shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Otherwise I'm no better than, like, the book. So I figured I'll call them and ask what's up. But they will ask for your name, address, phone number, and I just don't want to volunteer any of that...

If you google the phenomena, the search suggestions come up pretty aptly:


Yeah it looks like we the people do not want this tyranny bullsh*t. What's next, I wonder? 

On that note, I almost fell of my chair when I just found out that Bonnaroo, the famous big huge music festival in Tennessee every summer with 100 000 people camping out for 4 days and nights, will introduce a new policy this year: all their wristbands will have RFID chips in them. (I talked about this type of stuff before in the post on how to destroy the chip in the driver's license) I'm just not a fan of this chipping business.


Boo! Coachella festival in California will have chips in their wristbands too, as well as Austin City Limits (as in the picture above). Well I think I'm done whining now.

Blog Archive