Lolita Style :: or anime or cosplay or whatever it is


I don't really know anything about lolita, anime or manga - when I think of those words, mainly cartoon images of fluffy creatures and big eyed people come to mind. I suppose there's more to it. However, I love the lolita style of dressing that I sometimes see in the streets. It's so fantastic and extravagantly imaginative. These are some cool images I've had on my laptop for a while in my 'pretty things to look at' file. Doesn't everyone have a file like that?! I'd like to get a peek into your files :)





How coincidental actually - I ran into a Goodwill second hand store today for 4 minutes before they closed and found two cute skirts, a long pink one and another shorter light blue one with lace. They will totally go together in a lolita-like feel :) I just wish it wasn't so hot out every single day so I could play more with clothes. Now it just has to be something tiny and practical every day which is getting boooriing. I miss my layers. I guess this pic of me is a bit lolita-ish.


Ok I wikied lolita fashion and found out there are Sweet Lolita, Classic Lolita, Gothic Lolita, and many other style categories. Most of the pics I have here would probably fall under 'sweet'. Here's an example of the gothic. (My other dress here is quite dark lolita don't you think!)


Ok that's it for my midnight ramblings. I'm trying to stay up all night so I can again sleep all day tomorrow and then drive 14 hours to Las Vegas for Thursday's Warped Tour show. What a sane life I lead :D

Blog Archive