Happy Girls Are the Prettiest Girls :: Audrey Hepburn Quotes

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."

"It's that wonderful old-fashioned idea that others come first and you come second. This was the whole ethic by which I was brought up. Others matter more than you do, so 'don't fuss, dear; get on with it.'"

"The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides."

"Let's face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me."

"I probably hold the distinction of being one movie star who, by all laws of logic, should never have made it. At each stage of my career, I lacked the experience."


"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and... I believe in miracles."

"You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him."

"If I'm honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all."

To top of the Audrey inspired day, here's the card I made with her quote. And this psychedelic Audrey is one of my favorite shirts :)

PS. I heard about the horrible bombing and shooting in Norway today in the news and wrote a post on KrishnaPath related to it.

Blog Archive