My Favorite Bhagavad-gita Quotes


Ok, I have many more favorite Bhagavad-gita quotes but here are a few. Pics are from the past week's Warped Tour shows, kids who were interested in reading Bhagavad-gita and other books we have. (More pics here)

PS. Today while hooping I did something I've never done before - I smacked my face so hard my nose started bleeding. It's bled on and off all day. I feel like a coke addict :P


"As a lamp in a windless place does not waver, so the transcendentalist, whose mind is controlled, remains always steady in his meditation on the transcendent Self." (6.19)

"A man must elevate himself by his own mind, not degrade himself. The mind is the friend of the conditioned soul, and his enemy as well. For him who has conquered the mind, the mind is the best of friends; but for one who has failed to do so, his very mind will be the greatest enemy." (6.5-6)


"A true yogi observes Me in all beings, and also sees every being in Me. Indeed, the self-realized man sees Me everywhere." (6.29)

"O son of Kunti [Arjuna], I am the taste of water, the light of the sun and the moon, the syllable om in the Vedic mantras; I am the sound in ether and ability in man." (7.8)


"Whatever state of being one remembers when he quits his body, that state he will attain without fail." (8.6)

"But those who worship Me with devotion, meditating on My transcendental form - to them I carry what they lack and preserve what they have." (9.22)

Blog Archive