OMG Life Changes OMG I'll Live in a House

From the beginning of September I'll be living in Philadelphia at my friend Lex's house. (You might remember Lex from the Acrobatic Yoga post). This means I'll have a real bed to sleep in, a fridge, and a bathroom - after four straight years on the road, living in a van, this is hugely luxurious! :P Philip will keep traveling with an old friend of ours who's a monk and a scientist. He'll be in good hands. I just need a break. So if you're in Philly or nearby, be my friend! Let's hoop! Or hang out! Or both! And have kirtan! And fingerpaint! Play house! Or whatever! And if you're not in the area, come visit!

I'm going to have a wardrobe!! For years I've longed for a closet to hang my skirts and dresses. So I can look at them and go through them and figure out what to wear each day. Hee hee!


None of this means that I don't love to travel and do what I've been doing the whole time on the road -- I absolutely do -- but at the same time there hasn't been the balance I need in the long term. So I'm going for the balance now. And I know some of you might be concerned about me and Philip -- we're as close as we ever were, just taking a different direction.

I am also thus informing my mom Heini who is hiking in Lapland, my sister Minna who's rainbowing it out at the Gathering in the mountains of Italy, and my sister Kaisu who's in Finnish forest milking cows and baking fresh rye breads - I'm not coming home next fall, it's your turn to visit the US since now for once I'll have a room to accommodate you in. Just so you know ;)

Is this how my room will look like?

Blog Archive