Beings Who Love the Feeling of Magic


My friend Nina with whom I lived many years ago in Finland appeared in the back of my van last night. Legs crossed and smiling, wearing a beautiful and shiny light blue dress, she held three antique dice in her hand. She told me to watch carefully as she threw each, one by one, on the cloth we sat on.

Each dice rolled slowly until the number '1' was facing up. She looked at me smilingly, then grabbed all the dice and rolled them again. Again, number one, on all three of them. One, one, one.

She giggled and smiled warmly. She told me that she's not trying to impress me or anyone else. She said the trick itself is insignificant. What matters is the atmosphere of magic that surrounds her when she does such things.
"I just like to feel magic around me."


Like Nina in this dream of mine, I love to feel surrounded by mystical warmth, vision and a kind of cosmic playfulness too. Sometimes I fall into the deep clarity of it, and sometimes into the unexplainable creative power of it. This is wherefrom I draw my inspirations and the personal strength to dance through this sometimes gnarly world.


When do you feel magic around you? I feel magic when

  • I see dreams that I know hold some special meaning or guidance, like this one with the dice (although I'm not exactly sure of it's full meaning yet)
  • I'm absorbed in meditation, prayer or kirtana (kirtana means playing instruments and singing mantras - my main magic trigger being the Hare Krishna mantra)
  • I get something out that has been bubbling under like a poem, song or a drawing
  • I'm alone in nature
  • I get a realization, philosophical or practical, or both at the same time - it's definitely magical and feels like a gift from above
  • I connect with another person on a deeper level, even if it's just for a few seconds when my eyes meet theirs in a grocery store, or when someone sends me an email that touches me
  • I'm the vehicle that serves another person by connecting them to a magical experience, for example by kirtana

Now I'll stop here - I told you some of mine, let me hear yours! :) Let's pour some Magic on this mousy internet!!


PS. I found the fairy goddess photo of Nina after I saw the dream - she's conveniently wearing light blue, too! The art in this post is all made by her. Look at what she did to her TV! She calls it "TV humiliation". LOVE IT!!

Blog Archive