Lakshmi, the Goddess of Fortune :: Wallpapers


Today is Diwali, Festival of Lights. In India and around the world people light up candles tonight to invite Lakshmi, the goddess of fortune, to their homes. I was just telling Daniel how I pick up pennies when I find them on the street. Not because I'm expecting to become a zillionaire. But because money is representation of Lakshmi, and I don't want her to lie on the ground getting stepped on.

A simple Sanskrit mantra that you can chant for Lakshmi to offer your respect is: Om Sri Maha Lakshmyai Namaha. Traditionally people pray to her for money, beauty, good fortune and such but it's nice to approach Her in grateful spirit and just thank her...


I found these two paintings of Lakshmi on my computer, they're big enough to make nice wallpapers :) Just click on them and then save them.

In Maha-bharata Lakshmi describes places and people she stays with: “I reside with people who speak moderately, are efficient, do not lose their temper, are devoted, grateful, have control over self and are generous. I always live with people who are virtuous, religious, those that respect the elderly, are pure at heart and wise and forgiving."


Blog Archive