Past Few Weeks in an Elongated Nutshell

It’s been a while! A few weeks ago, while I was reprezentin’ in da bedroom of my Adventurous South Philly Residence, I heard five or six gunshots in da street, rite outsyde my windowz. Already I never went out after dark because it just wasn’t smart and now this incident lead me to hide behind the refrigerator while drinking orange juice every morning, just so some random bullet wouldn’t reach me through the windows. Yeah.


An elf from Los Angeles was looking for a place to stay in Philly area because he fell in love with a fairy there. We checked out a couple of house candidates for him on the New Jersey side, and on one of our trips we stopped by at a psychedelic mall.


Then it started making more and more sense to look for a place to fit both of us since I had developed a desire to try to make it out of the hood. Elf’s friend Jason hooked us up with a realtor party guy Jon who hooked us up with an utterly lovely apartment in Northern Liberties which is a pretty hip area near downtown and South Street where I work. We made cupcakes last night.


Carole gave me those awesome princess glasses. And yes, what you see on the right are, indeed, surprise tickets Elf got for us to the Beats Antique show that blew me away last Thursday.


LOL, at work the other day I noticed two girls acting a bit suspicious. Sure enough, as they left the store, there was an empty hanger and a ripped price tag in the dressing room. Elf was visiting the store at the time and we both started running after them. Long story short, the gorgeous black lace shirt was duly rescued and I got a good exercise. Here’s your deranged sales person. I’m watching you.


Sooo back to the new Home. I’m continuing the tradition of picking up other people’s garbage as awesome treasures. Just look at this Mesmerizing Steampunk Case. Oooh.


But also we picked up a few things from a large Swedish furniture store, such as this couch that doubles as a guest bed.


Yesterday at a Sustainable Living Roadshow event I heard interesting things about GMO. To mention a few numbers, 86% of all corn and 90% of all soy are potentially extremely dangerously and for sure unethically and just plain unnecessarily genetically messed with in America right now.

Although GMO seems a big and scary thing, there are really only five countries in the whole world that grow GMO large scale. Those are USA, Brazil, India and Canada. I forgot one, maybe China. So there is definitely hope. Just buy organic whenever you can and tell your friends and family to educate themselves in these matters too.

LOL, the speaker noted that McDonald’s “isn’t known for being the most ethically driven company” but still thanks to McDonald’s, there are no GMO-potatoes in the world. In Europe the ghastly company started using GMO-potatoes in their french fries and the customers protested. The ghastly company said ok, we’re not buying GMO potatoes anymore. And so everyone stopped growing them. Yay. ?! Kinda sorta!

Right now there are people walking from New York to Washington DC, 300 miles, just to bring awareness to the fact that GMO foods are not labeled in the USA. And if they were, people would naturally choose the GMO-free. You can sign an excellent petition here: www.justlabelit.org.

That’s it for now. I was planning to go hoop to City Hall here in Philadelphia, there’s an occupation going on, much like on Wall Street in NYC and in 1000 other cities across the world. I’ll take pics :)


Exciting times! Have a magical day! Om

Blog Archive