Worth It Wednesday: Cooking From Scratch

Every week I look through countless recipes that are made from fresh, pulled straight from the earth ingredients. I picture myself preparing and cooking a healthy, "from scratch" meal and presenting it (beautifully, of course) to my patiently awaiting family. I sit and compile a weeks worth of recipes. But then I remember that my oldest daughter is currently only eating pasta or waffles, my husband gets home anytime between 7 and 11pm, and my newest pumpkin likes to be start screaming as soon as I take out my pots and pans. The idea of cooking an unknown meal every night seems tiresome and overwhelming to me. The recipe list I made seems just plain silly. There are ingredients I've never heard of, the prep time seems crazy, and its often pretty expensive. Because of this I have several meals that I make on repeat. I know how to make them, I know they're easy, and I know they'll turn out edible. Unfortunately, they aren't always the freshest meals and they're pretty boring. But how great would it be to serve a meal to those you love most where you know exactly what is in every ingredient and where it came from? You know you are serving a meal without any chemicals or unnatural ingredients. A gift you can give thats made from your own hands. I'd love that- not only add to my current rotation but cook the way God intended: from scratch. So hows a way to make it seem less impossible? Just choose one new food or meal to make from scratch each week. ONE food or meal. I can handle one, right? Yikes...lets hope. 


Lets start small, shall we? Here is one of my favorite foods of all time...


hummus3 Hummus

  Fingers crossed!






Blog Archive