Dreamcatcher Drama

Remember a while back when I posted the instructions on how to make a dreamcatcher? My sister Kaisu wrote it as she's expert at all fabulous nature things. Here's a reminder of a snowy catcher she made:


I wanted to make one too and followed Kaisu's instructions, step by step. Somehow I just couldn't figure it out:


I posted this pic on my Facebook and inspired my other sister Minna to make her first dreamcatcher:


As you can see, her catcher is quite multisupernovadimensional, and has a dried flower on it. Here's Minna's story:

Here's my first dreamcatcher. I walked in the forest next to our house with the flute ready in my mouth, to play a little thank you song for the tree. As soon as I step in the forest, even before I played anything, I found a perfect bending branch in the ground, so I didn't even have to cut it from a living tree. I continued walking in the forest a little bit, playing the flute, trying few sticks from the ground, they all broke when bending them. Then I saw a tin box in the ground, took it to the trash and decided my exchange with the forest wouldn't end more perfectly ♥
Seeing all this dreamcatching going down, our mom Heini got inspired as well and made her first one:


That's a cute little bird bead in the middle. That bird punatulkku is very common in Finland, bullfinch in English.


Mom made another one with moss from the forest:


Craftically speaking, I have decided to move on and leave dreamcatchers to those who have what it takes. This is my new project that's spread out all over the living room floor:


Tomorrow my friend Danielle will borrow me her sewing machine and I'll be able to really get cracking. I'll let you know if anything comes out of this. I'm very excited though. Do you have any crafts or arts projects/ideas you've been planning or working on lately?

Blog Archive