A Boutique That DIDN'T Make My Husband Want to Puke

About once a week me and my hubby go on a date. This means that we do something special that I want to do :D Here in downtown Boston I wanted to walk down the Newbury Street and visit a thousand high fashion shops along the way, such as Valentino, DKNY and Chanel - for the first time in my life and for no specific reason other than that.

My favorites at Betsey Johnson. The jacket has fake fur, otherwise it wouldn't be a favorite..
Betsey Johnson was delightful with pink ballerina lace dresses and other colorful creations, and the Hempest, selling hemp clothing, managed to entertain my husband with their wide and imaginative glass pipe collection. Not that he really has use for them, he's just always fascinated with them.

Our journey continued to Marc Jacobs and a few other shops that all, according to my husband, made him want to puke. "The artificial greetings" and "stuck up moods" in these shops were "simply obnoxious". So I was plenty surprised when leaving Matsu, another small but expensive shop, he commented on their pleasant ambience created by incense fragrances and "an old house feel". He liked their displays too, or "the stuff they were not selling but was there just to take up space". Of course, "the clothes were stupid".

Matsu store. This pic and the one below from their blog.
Matsu Fairies
So well done Matsu, the only shop that doesn't make your husband want to puke! How's that for the next advertising campaign idea? Perhaps? Haha!


Next weekend's date looks something like this at the moment: Xango, a night of infinite magic. Let's see if we make it to NYC by Saturday!

PS. If anyone wants to buy something from the Hempest online store, I can give you a coupon that gives you a 10% discount, just ask :) My email is omyourself@gmail.com

Blog Archive