Try Hooping to Silence (Bird Dance)

And you'll find out that silence can be substantial. Not boring and certainly not without voice. And you'll hear your self. As I hooped today, the batteries got low and I had to ditch the iPod. What happened was phenomenal. I was suspicious. Will I be able to move feelingly without music?

At first it was stiff. Without music to occupy me, I had to manually do something with my mind. So I started singing a mantra to Radharani because She is the source of all inspiration, as Srila Prabhupada says. It was nice to hoop to your own singing.



radharani
Srimati Radharani, the Divine Mother
Then another idea came to me. I should hoop like a bird. For the past couple of days I've worn blue feathers in my hair. I also saw two dreams recently with a human-size peacock/phoenix looking bird that spoke to me. Seeing such in a dream symbolizes change and trust. Even right before I started hooping I saw a big bird circle above me in the sky and fly away.

It felt like a right thing to do - a bird dance. I had SO MUCH fun dancing and moving that I'm definitely going to hoop to silence again. Never know what you will hear when it's just you and the hoop.

So here we go:




Blog Archive